Tuesday 2 June 2015

This Was Coming: Sepp Blatter quits as Fifa president


Reports reaching us suggests that embattled FIFA President has officially resigned.
It appears a press conference was called by FIFA this evening which was initially delayed for about 30 minutes but still went on as planned. The press Conference was basically as a result of the linking of he's vice Jerome Valke to the $10million FIFA scam but there and then he broke the news. Here's the entire transcript of Sepp Blatter's dramatic Resignation Speech:

"Good evening. I have thoroughly considered my presidency and the last 40 years in my life. These years were closely related to Fifa and this wonderful sport of football"

"I have been reflecting deeply about my presidency and about the forty years in which my life has been inextricably bound to FIFA and the great sport of football.
I cherish FIFA more than anything and I want to do only what is best for FIFA and for football. I felt compelled to stand for re-election, as I believed that this was the best thing for the organisation. That election is over but FIFA’s challenges are not. FIFA needs a profound overhaul.
While I have a mandate from the membership of FIFA, I do not feel that I have a mandate from the entire world of football – the fans, the players, the clubs, the people who live, breathe and love football he said. The ex-President therefore stated that he would call an extraordinary congress to elect his successor.

No comments: