Saturday 27 June 2015

"I haven't resigned as FIFA President"- Sepp Blatter

 
FIFA President Sepp Blatter claims he hasn't resigned

FIFA President Sepp Blatter has denied claims he stated he was stepping down as FIFA boss at the next FIFA congress. In early June Blatter had said that he will be stepping down as FIFA president "I decided to stand again for election because I thought it was the best option. The election is closed but the challenges have not come to an end. Fifa needs a profound restructuring. Although the members of Fifa have re-elected me president, this mandate does not seem to be supported by everybody in the world of football. This is why I will call an extraordinary congress and step down." he'd said on June 2nd. Well in his first public statement  since his announcement Blatter revealed :
 "I have not resigned, I put my mandate in the hands of an extraordinary congress."

 This follows reports in the Swiss media that Mr Blatter may just be consider putting his name forward again after being contacted by supportive national associations. Speaking at the FIFA Museum, Blatter added, according to Swiss newspaper Blick:
"Only those who know the past can understand the present and shape the future. Or in other words: the ball is round - but only those who come from outer space know the actual dimensions of our sport."

No comments: