Thursday 25 June 2015

Enyeama: Why i shunned NFF disciplinary Committee hearing

 Vincent-Enyeama1
Super Eagles Skipper Vincent Enyeama

 Vincent Enyeama has explained that he was not officially asked to attend a Nige­ria Football Federation (NFF) disciplinary com­mittee on Tuesday. The goalkeeper made some very uncomplimentary statements on the security in Kaduna ahead of June’s 2017 Africa Cup of Nations qualifier against Chad which might not have gone done well with the NFF and also especially the Kaduna native as it is reported the NFF had to pay to avert a possible fan attack on the Eagles captain.

“I respect my coun­try and those in charge of our football, which is why I find the whole thing strange,” he said.
“As the captain I only raised our concerns about the venue before our game, which didn’t go down well with the football authority.
“I was told to apologise for my comments, which I did immediately and they told me that’s fine,” he said.
But the 32-year-old, who is the Super Eagles most capped player with 101 ap­pearances, denied he failed to reply to messages from the NFF seeking an expla­nation for his comments.
“I only received a letter cautioning me about my comments and to avoid a repeat of such,” he told BBC Sport.
“Personally, as it was re­solved in-house I thought that was the end of the mat­ter. But I only found out about a disciplinary hear­ing in the media but I didn’t get any letter to that effect.”
The Lille player could face a lengthy ban from the super Eagles as reported for his comments, which the NFF felt, broke its recent code of conduct signed by the play­ers, as well as his failure to attend Tuesday’s hearing. This has eventually led to reports that the captain might just be considering quitting the senior National team. The NFF executive board will have the final say on any punishments, on a date yet to be decided.
Meanwhile It has also been con­firmed that the Super Ea­gles would play their next home 2017 Nations Cup qualifier against the Pharoah's of Egypt in Kaduna next march.

No comments: