Wednesday 7 October 2015

Bullish Ighalo: I'll score more than Aguero in EPL, Eagles wont miss moses


Ighalo says he'll score more than Aguero in EPL and Eagles wont miss moses


 Watford and Super Eagles  in-form striker Odion Ighalo has continued in the Barclays Premier League where he stopped in the English Championship last season: scoring goals while lifting hs team from the Championship into the Premier League. The top scoring player in all of England's top four tiers in 2015.. 
Yea that’s him compares both leagues and speaks on his ambitions for this season in this exclusive interview with Completesportsnigeria’s  JOHNNY EDWARD from the Super Eagles camp in Verviers Hotel in Belgium..

 How excited are you returning to the Super Eagles for this week's games?

I feel happy no doubt to be back but above all happy with my form ahead of the games against Congo and Cameroon. Nigerians should expect the best from me as I also offer my best to Watford. Hopefully I get to increase‎ my goals tally with the Super Eagles.
What importance do you think the friendly matches are to the cohesion of the team?
These games will help us more to get to our different styles of play and I believe that more these games will help us adapt to the philosophy of the coach‎.
Don't you think the absence of Victor Moses‎ could affect the team's performance?
No, I don't think so. Nigeria is blessed with talents so that should not be an issue.
Along with you, there are Emmanuel Emenike, Alex Iwobi and Sylvester Igboun in attack for these games. Emenike is the most experienced of the lot, how eager are ‎to play alongside the AFCON winner?
He's a great player any day. Playing alongside him will be an honour but it's left to the coach to decide who gets to play.
 
 Also read - Odion Ighalo deserves more respect back home here in Nigeria!!

This season with Watford, you have scored five goals in eight Premier League appearances and 21 so far in 2015. What does this record tell about you?
I'm not there yet even if I'm the highest scorer in all divisions for the 2015 calendar year. I'm not carried away with that, I just want to keep giving my best and learn more in the game.
Do you think you can finish the season as the top scorer in the EPL?
It's a dream for me but I just want to keep helping my team win games and if the top scorer award comes, glory to God. But Aguero looks good for it, having scored five goals against Newcastle United.
But you scored twice against Newcastle. ..
(Laughs) so that means for every two I score he hits five. You can't compare the teams we both play in and the players both clubs have, but it's a target that with God is achievable.
You played in the English Championship last season and now in the EPL, could you compare bot‎h?
The Championship is very physical while in the EPL you don't get a lot of chances to score because most of the defenders are ‎very experienced, so you have to take your chances when you have them.

Completesportsnigeria


No comments: